Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1 week later.....

So here I am, up at 8:30 AM last Wednesday morning, blearly eyed, looking to check the usual websites and then hop in the shower before class. Facebook, nothing special. Twitter, ho hum. Gmail - I'M SORRY BUT WHAT IS THAT?!?! There it was, the congratulations e-mail, right there in my inbox. And not only was I in, but I was an Attractions cast member, my top choice!! I screamed, called Kevin, my boyfriend, woke up my roommate, called both my parents. And then skipped class reading through all the information on the other side of the log in page. Such a wonderful day.....

And now here I am, a week later, about to go to that same class I skipped last week. What has this past week been like, in terms of the CP? Two big things: the roommates and the car.

Still looking for a potential roommate. I found a couple of girls on Facebook who were already planning on roomming together and looking for some more ladies to join their apartment, and we seem to fit perfectly. Now it's just up to me to find someone arriving on June 6th, who is over 21, who I think I could share a room with for 7 months tolerably and that the other girls will like. As I said to my dad, I have a better chance of being happy with my roommate if I pick her beforehand than if I just let Disney do it.

Aaaaaaaaand the car situation. I desperately want a car down in Florida. All the stories of getting to work 2 hours early and home 2 hours later because of the bus situation have scared me to no end. I was hoping to have enough money after working this semester to buy my own car, but being screwed over in terms of hours makes it look like that's not going to happen. We have a family car........but technically that belongs to my brother when he gets his license this year. However that won't be till October at the earliest, so I'm hopeful that I can maybe use that car till January. It also has a ton of miles on it, so taking the autotrain is the only option - which is all more expensive than a plane ticket for me. Fingers crossed for the best!

110 days until check in! The day we pass into double digits will be MIND BOGGLING.

No comments:

Post a Comment