Sunday, April 24, 2011

Completely un-Disney related :)

Now that I'm pretty sure 75% of people who might be reading this blog have checked out, I'm going to keep on going :) Not much is going on CP-wise right now: we've got a balanced future apartment, with Marion and Kryssy chilling with some of our favorite friends as Character Performers and Katarina and I repping the Attractions front! Now as always, fingers/toes/everything I can crossed in hopes things work out smoothly and we can live together! (Since, ya know, it's never a guarantee with apartment-mates.) 43 days!!!


Now for the non Disney :) In Kryssy's tumblr which I've linked above, she's been posting a wonderful 30-Day meme for actors and I've decided to do it. I'll be doing it in chunks, mostly because the thought of posting SIMPLY to update a meme drives me nuts. A LOT of it doesn't apply to me, given that I'd consider myself more of a "recreational" actor than on the career path, but theater is such a huge part of my life that I couldn't ever, won't ever be able to cut it out. And so........

Day 1 – Your current headshot, name, and age.
  
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we run into our first problem - I don't have any headshots. Never had. That should be a clue :) So instead, you may have an extraordinarily less professional, but still theater-related photo of moi :)
Jennifer Losco, Age 21
Day 2 – How long have you been acting/ studying acting?

Not counting the "plays" we were forced to do in elementary school about the pilgrims and the Revolutionary War that consisted of the entire 5th grade singing off-key songs from some mail-order book, my first onstage role was in 7th grade, age 11, in the chorus of Oliver. (My first show EVER was the year before, as light board operator for Alice in Wonderland. But that didn't really count because the high school kids did all the work anyway.) I never took any kind of classes though, even extracurricular, until I decided to major in it, and that's been almost a full four years now. Don't regret a single thing :)

Day 3 – How many shows have you acted in?

Oh god this is going to be hard to count. Just acted in..............I'm going to say 18, give or take, including City of Angels my freshmen year of high school, which I was casted in but ended up getting canceled due to the town slacking off in building our auditorium.


Day 4 – The best show you’ve ever worked on and a picture from it.
Bear with me, it's impossible to pick just one.......

 Flowers for Algernon, for being a) the first time I picked up a script and just knew, exactly, who my character was, and b) for being the first time I ever cried onstage

Saved by the STEW, for the blind, unending confidence of one of the best directors I've ever had, for playing myself (only with better grades) and for just being SO. DAMN. FUN.


 Fall Fest 2010, for being 4 weeks of utter hell, learning I can't really dance, losing my voice, loathing immature senior staff members - and having it all be worth it in the end, by working with the greatest ensemble cast I'll ever find, and being so utterly content with the experience.

 The Shax Sessions, even though I didn't act in it, because I couldn't possibly talk about my favorite shows and leave it out. I wrote it. I directed it. It's my baby. And I'm still too scared to watch the recording. Nothing will ever replace this in my heart.

It's nearly 3 AM now so I might as well call it a quits. I'll return in a couple of days with the next batch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment